Yes, this post is just for the ladies, so if you’re not a lady, click out now. Thanks!
Guess what time of the month it is? Not quite that, but the grr factor has begun.
You guessed it, the dreaded PMS – yes not everyone has this, but something changes in me every month, and it’s not roses and cupcakes I’m communicating, not by a long shot!
I don’t try to be crabby, or snap at people, but it seems to come out that way anyway. No matter how hard I try to be nice during this time, it seems to fail miserably, and ending with a stick of dynamite….KA-BOOM!!
So, as daughters of the King, as women of God, how do we combat this desire in us to do or say evil?
Evil? Isn’t that a bit extreme? Not at all. Our sinful desires come from our sinful flesh, which is evil. Many times, we underestimate the roll our sinful flesh has on our thoughts, words, and physical wellbeing and actions.
Steps of Action
Here’s what I suggest:
- Take a step back. Breathe, pray, and give yourself space. The more chaos around you, the more likely the explosion is to occur.
- Communicate clearly what you need. When you need space, especially during this time, communicate that. Not as the other person’s fault, but as your need.
- Limit making big or important decisions during this time. It is hard to think clearly, be patient, or be kind – and when working with others, you need all three.
- Rest and exercise. I feel like a hypocrite writing this, because I’ve been resting way more than exercising. The better your body feels, the better you will feel, and hopefully less angry or anxious.
- Last but not least, read your Bible. If you don’t have one, check out the YouVersion free Bible app website. Reading God’s Word gives me peace, relaxes me, and gives me hope things will be okay, because He’s got it taken care of.
Choose a step, and try it. Choose another, and try it. Find out what helps you the most.
From one Jesus sister to another, I hope this helps! Praying for you, too!